Asbury Reaching Kids (A.R.K.)
A.R.K. for the 2020-2021 School Year is on hold due to COVID-19.
During the school year, we offer a Wednesday night program from 6:30PM to 7:45PM for ages 4 years to 6th grade.
Your child can come and have fun while learning about the Bible.
Listed below are the activities your child will be participating in each Wednesday:
- Songs: to reinforce the Books of the Bible, the Ten Commandments, the Twelve Disciples, the Armor of God, and the Fruits of the Spirit
- Pledges: to the Christian Flag, the American Flag, and the Bible.
- ARM Food Contest: As offering, we encourage the children to bring non-perishable food for ARM (Asbury Relief Ministry). Ice cream and/or popsicles will be awarded each time a team reaches 100 pounds of food.
- Games: to reinforce Bible stories.
- Bible Memory Verses: Children bring home memory books each week. Parents choose verses for their child to practice. Once a child has memorized a verse or verses, parents sign off (a parent signature is required) and the child will say it to a leader and receive a small reward.
- Lessons: The children ages 4 years old to 2nd grade will hear a Bible story and do an activity or craft to reinforce the story. 3rd & 4th graders will put together a puppet show based on our lessons to be performed for the other children and during the services several times during the year. 5th & 6th graders will have an age-appropriate Bible lesson.
- Music: The children will work on songs to be performed throughout the year on Sunday morning for the congregation. We will also learn songs for a Christmas musical during the Fall semester and a Biblically-based musical during the Spring semester.
Click HERE to contact the Children’s Ministries Director for more information.